This week I’m sharing a great “ode to the end of summer” recipe, featuring zucchini and garden tomatoes.
Nothing tastes better than vegetables from someone’s garden, and this time of year people are practically giving away zucchini and tomatoes. I always buy my veggies from local farm stands in my area – you end up with a better quality of produce than the grocery store, and support local farmers at the same time!
Lets get cooking:
– 1 large zucchini
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
– Tomato sauce, about 1 cup
– Shredded cheddar Daiya cheese, about 1/4 cup
– Salt, to taste
– Pepper, to taste
– Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with tomato sauce.
5. Add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes.
6. Add the cooked rice to the pan. [Great way to use leftover rice or other grains.] Season with salt and pepper.
8. Fill the zucchini halves with the filling.