This week I was in the mood for something hearty and well, I think I have a new favorite soup.
Behold: Portuguese Kale Soup, a hearty blend of chorizo, potatoes, pasta and kale that will have you begging for a snowed day in!
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 12oz. vegan chorizo sausage
– 2 quarts No-Chicken broth
– 1 large onion, roughly diced
– 3 large golden potatoes, cubed
– 3 cups loosely packed kale, stemmed washed & chopped
– 1/2 cup quinoa pasta (uncooked)
– 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
1. Cut chorizo into smaller than bite sized pieces. I started with mine chopped like the below, but then went back and halved the pieces to make them more suitable for soup.
3. Add other ingredients except kale,& pasta.
4. Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Add kale, and pasta and simmer about 8 minutes until both are tender.
6. Serve piping hot.