Happy Foodie Tuesday!
The weather has suddenly turned cold which means I have officially switched over to soup mode. There’s nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up in the winter, and every spoonful is packed with amazing vitamins and nutrients to keep you healthy. Take that flu season!
– 1 can organic kidney beans
– 1 can organic northern beans
– 4 cups vegeatable broth
– 4 cups water
– leaves of 3 sprigs of thyme, or 1 tablespoon dried
– 3 – 5 leaves of sage, chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried
– 2 -3 teaspoons smoked paprika (I substituted chili powder here)
– 3 bay leaves
– 1 yellow onion, diced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 can (15oz) crushed canned tomatoes with juice
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 1 bunch Tuscan kale (about 4 loose cups), roughly chopped and stems removed
– a pinch or two of red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa pasta
5. Lastly add in the pasta, cook 7 more minutes, taste for seasoning and serve. Serve with some fresh cracked pepper and a drizzle of olive oil if you like. Pairs well with crusty bread. Serves six generously.