Tis the season for pumpkin EVERYTHING!
Pumpkin spice lattes, cookies, bread, pancakes – you name it and we’ve probably pumpkin-ized it!
I love baking with pumpkin because it gives a soft and moist texture to whatever you use it in. These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are vegan and gluten-free and this was my first time baking with a gluten-free flour and I must say, it was so easy! Not only are these cookies absolutely delicious, they are guilt-free!
– 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour blend
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
– 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
– 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a stoneware baking sheet. 3. Sift together flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, oil, sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
6. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Drop tablespoon-size scoops of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.