Happy Labor Day! Today I have the perfect recipe for summer entertaining that will be sure to be a big hit with your guests, behold the infamous Jalapeño Popper!
The heat from the jalapeño and green chile peppers is perfectly complemented by the coolness of the cream cheese and cheddar. They are absolutely addictive!
– 10 large jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
– 1 container vegan cream cheese – I like the Tofutti brand
– 1/2 cup Daiya shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, drained
– 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
-1/2 tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep the jalapeño peppers by halving them and removing all seeds. Arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
* If you’ve never worked with these peppers before you may want to wear gloves. Be careful not to touch your face or eyes!