Kale and spinach are the typical greens of choice in green smoothies these days, but one powerful green you may not have considering drinking is parsley!
– Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including Vitamin C, B 12, K and A. This means parsley keeps your immune system strong, tones your bones and heals the nervous system, too.
– It helps flush out excess fluid from the body, thus supporting kidney function. However, the herb contains oxalates, which can cause problems for those with existing kidney and gall bladder problems.
– Regular use of parsley can help control your blood pressure. The folic acid in this herb is like a tonic for your heart.
– Parsley essential oil, when massaged into the scalp, may reduce hair loss.
Use parsley daily, and you’ll feel relief from joint pain. That’s because the herb has anti-inflammatory properties.
– Parsley tea relaxes stiff muscles and encourages digestion.
Studies indicate that parsley—especially its essential oil—may have a role in inhibiting cancerous tumors. In fact, scientists have billed it a ‘chemoprotective’ food.
But parsley tastes funny, you may be thinking. Rest assured my friends, when combined with the tropical sweetness of pineapple, banana and an apple too, you will be amazed by the flavor profile!
Add water, fruit and parsley to a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Blend on high until emulsified, about 1 minute.