Crispy tofu wrapped with edamame hummus and fresh spinach make for a delicious lunch or dinner, and is perfect for on-the-go!
If you’ve never made hummus from soybeans then I highly recommend you try this, because I may never go back to chickpeas again!
For the Edamame Hummus:
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen edamame, thawed completely
– 1/3 cup water
– 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
– 1/4 cup tahini
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 6 large gluten-free tortillas
– 2 cups spinach
1. You’ll need a cast-iron pan, or something nonstick that can take very high heat. Preheat the pan over high heat. Once the pan is good and hot, add the olive oil. Add the cubed tofu and sprinkle with salt. The tofu should immediately sizzle when it hits the hot oil; otherwise, turn up the heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, tossing often, until it’s nicely browned. While the tofu is browning, start the hummus.
2. Pulse the garlic in a blender or food processor to chop it up a bit. Add the remaining hummus ingredients and purée until smooth, adding a little extra water as needed to thin. Taste for seasonings. Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container is not using immediately.