It snowed last night here in Pennsylvania and I love spending days like this in the kitchen cooking up something warm and comforting.
If you are a savory breakfast person like I am, you will absolutely love this recipe. The combination of sundried tomatoes, dill, garlic and cheese is absolutely divine! Try not to eat the entire skillet in one sitting!
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 tsp salt, plus a pinch
– 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained (3 cups)
– 3 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
– 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
– several pinches black pepper
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
– 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat a large pan over medium high heat and add 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the chickpeas and toss them to warm them up a bit. Use a potato masher or sturdy fork to partially mash the chickpeas, just so that a few whole pieces are left.
2. Add 1Tbsp of the oil and and sundried tomatoes to the chickpeas and cook for about 7 more minutes, tossing only occasionally, so that they get a little charred. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, Tumeric, and black pepper, along with a splash of water (a tablespoon or two) to keep everything from getting to dry. Mix well.
3. Push the chickpeas over to the side and, in a clear spot in the pan, sauté the garlic and the remaining 1 teaspoon oil for only about 15 seconds. Then toss everything together and add the dill and lemon juice.